Saturday, July 11, 2009

No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs, No Uighurs

My thoughts|opinion on the Uighur situation - don't take anything I say as an expert, because I've never been there.

I think the Uighur situation is similar to the Afro American situation, resulting in the Watts Riots of '65 and the Los Angeles Riots of '92. But hey, to the Uighurs I say this, "Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, Lewis Hamilton, Michael Jackson, Obama"

Shortly after my wedding ceremony, my wife blew a hole in her lung, and had to have surgery. Our honeymoon was at the hospital.


My wife laying in bed after surgery.


The doctor/surgeon who operated on my wife. He makes about $3000 CDN/month.



Me during surgery. I could not do anything except pace around in the parking lot.



My wife's friend who helped look out for my mom when we had to go back to Shenzhen without my wife.

The thing about the whole hospital experience, was that I paid cash, up front for my wife's care. This is one reason why in China they save so much. You get sick, you pay up front or you get no care. Also, this is one reason why in China people rely on their friends and reciprocate favors. You need money, your friends help you out.

So one thing I have noticed about Chinese in China, is that when there is a problem, they don't call their lawyer first, the police, insurance. They call their friends. I've seen traffic accidents where people call their friends first who show up. My wife has told me stories where people she knows get slighted then they call their friends to basically kick ass. She even told me once when I was going to buy something, that if I had trouble to tell the person my wife was from Guizhou. Apparently you don't f**k with people from there.

So when a bunch of Uighurs go rioting through the streets, guess what happens???? Those Chinese call their friends, and they don't wait for the army or police to set things straight. I think the Uighurs get this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment