Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Canada Immigration Interview Transcript Canadian Immigration Interview

Canadian Immigration Interview Transcript


I talked to the wife today, she told me she had read the translated interview from the appeal record. She was really pissed.

The 'suggested' translator by the government did not translate her answers correctly. She couldn't even understand the questions. If you want my advice DO NOT to use this service provider. After the interview the translator told her that for most of the interview he didn't believe she was married, and therefore did a sh!tty job???? A$$hole. His name is in the interview transcript if you read.

Paragon Language Consultancy Co.
Suite 1703, Wan Chai Commercial Centre
194-204 Johnston Road,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
tel: 2764 0987, email: PARAGONL@netvigator.com


(I want my money back a**holes)

For instance, when my wife was asked what her/our plans are for the future, she told the translator. Of course she has plans. Do you think when you ask a 25 yr. old newly wed woman she won't??? House, kids......hello!!!! So the translator turns to the officer and answers "No." @!#$!@#$!@#$!@$)&*

The interviewer was immigration overseer Gina Ponziani.

///////////////////////////////////

Transcript from CAIPS record


CAIPSFOSS: PI: V07100xxxx, V07100xxxx & V07100xxxx,
REFUSED BY HK DUE TO BONA FIDES SPR: BORN IN CDA , NO ADVERSE INFO

# OF MARRIAGE: 1ST FOR BOTH
SPR'S INFO: COORDINATOR
SUBJ'S INFO : REAL ESTATE AGENT

*************************************************************f***************
PLEASE EXEMPT FROM RELEASE INFO UNDER A16(1) OF THE ATI ACT CONCERNS;
- CLAIMED THEY KNEW EACH OTHER SINCE OCT07 BUT THERE IS NO COMMUNICATE PRF BEFORE OR AFTER MARRIAGE
- CANNOT BE SURE HE WAS THERE FOR BIZ PURPOSES) OR TO BE WITH SUBJ
- NO PHOTOS FROM THE RECEPTION WHICH SUBJ THEY INVITED 250 PEOPLE
***************************************************************************
ASSESSMENT: proof of relationship are standard package of photos & communications familiar in this office.
-lack of proof to demonstrate combined joint affairs to the extent that a reasonable person would expect of a couple spousal relationship, nor demonstrate the level of interdependence expected of such a relationship.

************************************************************************
PLEASE EXEMPT FROM RELEASE INFO UNDER A16(1) OF THE ATI ACT CONCERNS;
-sorry, found a couple of e-mails dated 22dec05 to each other & nothing beyond that

04May2008 Mr. Wong Kwok Sun Byron with Paragon Translating in Mandarin

1. Ms. XXX I am the visa officer who will make the decision on your application for permanent residence to Canada today. I will make my decision on the balance of the information on your file and our conversation during today's interview. Do you understand what I am saying? Yes. If you don't understand me at any time please let me know and I will gladly expand/clarify? Yes.

2. The reason for this interview is to establish the bona fides of your relationship, do you understand? Yes

3. Do you understand the interpreter? Yes

4. Identity confirmed through PPT. Why did you apply for the PPT in 2007?

We thought of getting married and go to Cda. I applied for a visa but was refused.

5. Why? I do not know .but I think the docs submitted were insufficient.

6. Have you seen the sponsor since the marriage? Yes. We met.



7. What do you mean? We meet each other after the marriage but not too often.

8. I do not understand, please explain? He is busy at work. I did not get the visa.

9. Have you seen him since the marriage please? No.

10. Ms. Pan, please pay attention and please respond to my questions before proceeding to a different topic ? Ok.

11. What does he do? xxxxxx at a factory.

12. What factory? In Toronto.

13.Please be specific. Something like billboards and metal boxes.

14.What's the name of the company? I do not recall for sure but it's something like xxxx. His Chinese is not good and my English is not good?

15.How do you communicate then? Computer.

16.In what language? We use the translator

17.What do you mean? I know some English but he prefers that I write in Chinese. .he needs to learn.

18.How easy is that? We communicate feelings with each other. How are you able to do that? It got easier and he started Mandarin lessons and I started English lessons.

19.Is that right? Yes

20.Ok Can you write a short sentence in English for me something that you would say to him on the computer? Pi writes " I miss you; I love you".

21.Is that the extent of the communication? Yes Maybe more so at times.

22.Ok then .Please write something that you would write to him about you now? Pi hesitates and refuses to. She goes on to state instead " I gave the text in Chinese and he has the translator.

23.Does he write to you in Mandarin? No.

24.So why is it that he can translate and you can't? He often comes to China and insists that I speak in Chinese.

25.Where has he been studying Mandarin? His home.

26.Who teaches him at home? A teacher from Beijing? What's his name? He never told me. He went to study Chinese with many others.

27.What do you mean? He also goes to school.

28.What school? He never told me. Also, it's in English and I do not remember.

29.So this is a school that teaches mandarin and he has not told you the name? I do not recall.

30.When did you meet your SPR face to face? 20 Oct 2005.

31.Where? At my home.

32.How was that possible? A friend of mine in HK met him at the airport in HK and took at the Huang Gang border. I was waiting for him there.

33.What was the purpose of visiting PRC? He came to see me. And do business.

34.What business? Something to do with trading and factory.

35.Please be specific? Auto parts and metal stuff.

36.Are you saying that the company he needed to visit was in Huang gang? No. I met him there.

37.For what purpose? It was convenient for him.

38.How so if you speak no English and he speaks little Mandarin? Through computer?

39.What computer? No response.

40.Ms. xxxx, the reason you just provided regarding his business in PRC is not what the application reports why? Maybe things got lost in translation.

41. Is that so? Maybe.

42.What else has been lost in translation? No response...

43.When did the proposal take place? It seems as if I proposed.

44.You are not sure? Long pause. So when was that? I called him on the phone in 2005 Nov.

45. That's not what the application reports, why? I may be wrong in my memory.

46.Why? In PRC proposal is not important- more important about the marriage registration.

47.That's not so Ms. xxxx. It is in fact an important passage of the development of the relationship. I forgot the date.

48.What about the manner in which it happened, do you know anything about that? Sorry I got mixed up. My memory is poor.

49.You are very young, how is that possible? No response.

50. What happened after you met? I wanted to meet him at HK but I couldn't get visa.

51.How did you 1st meet? At a disco.

52.When? 25 Oct 2005. I was attracted because he was handsome.

53.Ms. xxxx, I want to point out that just before you told me that you met for the 1st time face to face in 20 Oct 2005 in Huang Gang land border in Shenzhen. Now you are saying that you met on 25 Oct 2005 How was it possible ? Sorry sorry sometime around those days .

54.You are not credible and so far the story is not matching with that reported on the application. I am pretty poor at memorising dates.

55.That usually happens when the facts are not what may have taken place. .is that the case here? My memory is not good and I am confused.

56.Your answers to this very simple line of questioning are vague and evasive. You have not been able to share any compelling details about the SPR or the relationship. Your story is not very credible.

57.What was he doing at the disco? With friends; having drinks.

58.Where was the disco? Sorry I want to clarify that he was on business. But also having fun.

59.What business? I am not sure. Auto parts I think.

60.That's not what the application says, why? I can't recall.

61.Did he travel from Cda with friends? One I think.

62.Why are you not sure? I think one.

63.Did you meet him? Yes.

64.What was his name? I do not know I think

65.Was he was from the Philippines or Indian? That was not my question? I do not know but I know that they went to Taiwan together.

66.Did his friend marry in PRC as well? Not sure really do not know.

67.What happened after you met at the disco? I called him the next day and returned to the bar. I went to the hotel with him.

68.How did you communicate? By joint pictures.

69.What pictures? No answer

70.Pls respond? I wanted him to visit me at the house, so I drew a picture of the house.

71. You wanted him to visit yr home-this was a total stranger you had just met at a disco? Yes.

72.When did he go back to Cda? He went to Taiwan for one day before he went back to Cda?

73.That was not my question, but let's proceed. It seems to me that you have memorised some canned phrases and are throwing those at free will even though they have nothing to do with the questions? No answer.

74.What happened after that? We communicated with internet Do you have proof. No.

Concern: NO COMMUNICATION PROOF BEFORE AND AFTER MARRIAGE, why? He told me that he did

75.There are few phone bills post marriage but nothing that predates the marriage, why? We were just being friends and communicating over the computer.

76.Why did you not retrieve those records? No excuse, but my computer broke down.

77.Also it was so long ago? Ms. Pan, your answers are not very credible. When did the relation turn to more than a friendship? When love comes, it just comes.

78.So you can't tell me when the friendship became more involved? Not really.


79.Did you see him again? 2 times a year.

80.My question was specific but let's hear the dates. .when did he return? Chinese New Year.

81.Please be specific? Let me think? March 2008. Sorry maybe it was long pause. I think it maybe March or February 2008.

82.Are you saying that from the time you met in the disco you did not see each other till March or Feb 2008? Sorry .also in 2006 and 2007.

83.When exactly? In 2006 let me think _October maybe.

84.You do not seem sure . are you sure? No. Ms. Pan, that's not what the application reports ? maybe it was March 2007 ? Any other date that you may wish to add? I cannot recall exactly.

85.Why? Bad memory.

86.What was the purpose of the alleged trips? He applied for reimbursement of his travels and factory inspection.

87.What factory inspection and what reinbursement? I do not know some where in Shanghai.

88.You mean the inspections? Yes.

89.Why don't you know where he was spending his time in PRC? Language gap I really never get to know his business side.

90.So you are now acknowledging that the language was a problem? Maybe.

91.Also, what did you mean by reimbursements? He travelled for business but also to see me.

92.When did you get married? 20 March 2007.

93.Why has he not returned back since the marriage? It's not that we are not missing but want to save.

94.Were you in any way motivated to enter this marriage other than to be with the sponsor in a long term spousal relationship? No.

95.Are there any other plans other than you moving to CDA, for example school or job? No

96.When you talk about the future do you only discuss living in CDA? Yes

97.So it seems to me the purpose of your marriage is to live in CDA? Yes.

98.Have you ever discussed what will happen if your case is refused? We get a lawyer and appeal.

99.Would sponsor return to live with you in PRC? No

100. Would your sponsor move back to PRC to be with you? not sure. .

101. Maybe? Concern: NO PHOTOS ATTESTING LARGE RECEPTION -250 PEOPLE

102. How many people attended the banquet? 200.

103. Do you have photos? Yes.

104. May I pls see them? Pi hands over photos Ms. xxxx, these are not the banquet photos; these are the same photos already on file. Please wait I think I can find more ..

105. May I please see the photos? Pi hands one photo of one table in backyard of a home.

106. Is this all the people you had at the reception? No.

107. Do you have more? Cannot locate the photos now. Pi rummages through but does not find any more.

108. Have you combined the financial affairs since the marriage? No because we do not live together.

109. At this point I am inclined to believe that the sole purpose of your marriage is for you to live in CDA, based on your answers to my questions and your manner at this intv. I have many serious concerns with the credibility of the story given the many discrepancies noted throughout the interview. Also, I am very much concerned with the compatibility and lack of communication skills as witnessed through this interview. You do not appear to be compatible in background/language skills. The lack of knowledge on yr part about his business trips and purpose in PRC also speak to this concern.

110. How do you respond? We are a true couple.


Despite having given the PA ample opportunity to show a degree of familiarity or depth of knowledge, the PA was unable to respond in a credible manner.

PA and SPR have made absolutely no realistic or specific plan at all other than the PA living in CDA, which casts doubt on the credibility of the marriage. While the obvious goal of this application is to immigrate to CDA, A genuine couple in a committed relationship would have at least broached the topic or be able to provide further information.

On balance, based on the above and the documents before me I am not satisfied that the PA has met the requirements of this Act. Specifically I am not satisfied that this is a BF spousal relationship

Refusal explained, refusal letter and all docs returned to PA.

KEI: kindly prepare refusal letter for SPR, pis send by post. B053823921 GPO 04-MAY-2009 -FC APPEAL PACKAGE SENT TO SPONSOR_ B053823921 KEI 05-MAY-2009 EMAIL REC D FROM CHRISTINE MAJTA ON 05JUN2009 ADVISING AN APPEAL HAS BEEN FILED WITH THE TORONTO APPEALS OFFICE (IAD: TA9-10575).

COMPLETE FILE 4. CASE NOTES SENT TO THE TORONTO APPEALS OFFICE VIA DIP BAG #218 - 219 DEPARTING ON 15JUN2009.
EMAIL SENT TO APPEALS OFFICE TO CONFIRM DEPARTURE DATE & DIP BAG # B053823921 SSA 09.-JUN-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment