Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dec 26 - Wind Mobile WTF

I called my wife today, when I was in National Sports getting a pair of thermals for running in the winter. Then I figured out that I could also use when I go to her parents in the winter, or when I'm in China in winter, because it does get cold with no central heating.

I went to Wind Mobile to get a new phone today, since I'm getting raped on Rogers calling my wife during the day.

I got the Huawei U7519 phone. It sucks!!! The antenna is crap I think. I can't get a signal in my basement apartment window. Every other phone I've used I can. When switch SIMs and use my LG Arena from HK, it works fine, but I get the "Wind Away" roaming banner. f**k. I'm bringing the phone back tomorrow and asking for an upgrade of only paying the price difference. I wanted a touchscreen phone first. For the amount of money Rogers is ripping me off I could get a Blackberry and make my my back in less than a year...







I figured I could use Wind to save money when calling my wife. Nothing is easy in regards to my wife it seems...

Update December 27

I brought my phone back to the store, they knew immediately that I was getting a "Wind Away" message, meaning that I was 'roaming.' So they changed my phone to manual UTMS mode, so it won't work when I'm roaming. But that's ok, I'll switch phones.

As soon as I started home, the phone switched to "no service"!!! I'm switching tomorrow during work. I

The salespeople were very helpful, they told me it was a tower problem most likely but then a salesperson made the comment that people only have the problem with the Huawei phones. I think it's a combination of both. thought I would support China and buy a Chinese phone. 中国 加油!!! Zhōngguó jiāyóu!!!

So now I'm back to 'no service' I think I'll upgrade to the next phone, I can get a full refund with less than 30 minutes use on the phone (no problem). I think later I'll try to get TMobile phone that's unlocked.





Update Dec 28

I brought the phone back. The return process was really slow, after a half hour the salesperson still didn't have all my stuff processed but let me go with the phone. I got the Samsung....still there is tower problems, I'm getting 'Wind Away' in my apartment, but at least I can get a signal now. I really wish I could use my LG, this Samsung feels so 2007!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment