Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oct 6 - "Four is four, ten is ten, 14 is 14, 40 is 40..."

"Four is four, ten is ten, 14 is 14, 40 is 40...", which pronounced in Chinese like "si shi si, shi shi shi, shisi shi shisi, sishi shi sishi," is a widely-known tongue twister in China

But my wife pronounces 4 and 10, and is all the same, dropping the h on 10. So only the tone changes. She was trying to teach me today and was laughing at me saying I was the same as little Brandon.

sì sì sí sì sì sí sì sì sí sì sì sí sì sì sí aaaaahhhhh.

Then I try to argue with her that she does not speak proper 普通话 Pǔtōnghuà, but of course she's in China and Chinese so I'm wrong. Then when I speak to other people in Shenzhen copying her 'Hey y'all' southern drawl they tell me I speak good Pǔtōnghuà. WTF. Well thank y'all very mutch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment